12 июл. 2012 г.



In the today review I would like to introduce you another interesting person: painter Vladimir Kolomiets. He is Crimean by the origin – he was born at the settlement Andreevka (not far from Sevastopol). Now he lives and makes his works in two cities: Sevastopol and St. Petersburg.

May be some of our readers are known with this Master. When I’ve saw his paintings, it was a real “love from the first sight”, now I try to show to you my impressions. And all the more, on the July 12th the exhibition of Vladimir’s canvas will be presented at the Information Supermarket “The Atrium”.

Reade more...


First of all I have to confess: before I had never liked the oil paintings. I understand and respect the painters who work in this technique, but it seemed to me too rough, it missed the transparency and airiness. In my imagination oil paintings are from old museum collections – covered with dust and making me blue. I hope, the famous painters from the past forgive me this image!

And now I was lucky enough to see the oil paintings, made by Vladimir. My conception of this genre was turned from the head! These landscapes are filled with sunlight or moonlight or some mystic glow, they are breathing and playing like nacre, they are calling to the secret world, hidden well from the ordinary look… These paintings have so much sea inside. The sea is deep and transparent, with the reflections of the sky, the sun and something that can’t be outspoken.


My breath became easier when I look at these pictures; my heart shifts its rhythm. I feel the energy comes from the canvas, or may be the energy appears inside of me and provides me the sunlight.

Vladimir makes his paintings from the nature. It seems that all of us had visited the pictured places: seashore near Sevastopol, Andreevka settlement, Crimean fields with the red poppies, small villages and roads. But when you look at the canvas, you start to understand: this is not a simple plane; this is a window, opened to the other dimension. And this dimension is totally filled with music and wind, and the sea wave lapping, and the rustle of grass, flowers and trees. These canvas intakes the sunlight into our world and covers us with the scent of mystery.


  And naturally, my first question to Vladimir was: “How?!” How he could reproduce this mystery using just canvas, paints and paintbrushes. Where he takes this gloom, lightness and transparency, this feeling of freedom and fly which takes you and high and at the same time fills you inside with the light? How can he make from the usual landscape the real world, like in the fantasy novel, but without any words and letters? His symbols are not solid signs at the paper, but living and breathing images.

 Vladimir tries to share with me his understanding of the creation process. Every man can be in the different states (or conditions): state of usual physical perceiving, state of sensation, and the State. This State could hardly be described in usual words; it is lake total integration of the all senses and states. In this state you are “over” yourself, over the world, over the life. Being in this State master can create the real masterpiece. He can see the invisible sides of the universe. He can use the traditional painting recourses in a completely unusual ways. And the result of his work will go beyond the frameworks of tradition painting and its techniques.


Also Vladimir has a very interesting philosophy of life. I hope sometimes I could tell you about it. And now I have another question: why does he work at the realistic genre? Wouldn’t it be easier and spectacular to show the ideas of his works through abstract images? The reply was short and clear. Yes, the abstract art is more spectacular and modern art genre. But when the spectator looks at the abstract canvas his mind solve the task of recognition and clarification of the abstract images. This process takes a lot of time, during it the mind is in the tension condition. And this tension prevents the inner tranquility.

On the contrary the realistic pictures help our mind to relax; they even hypnotize it a little, put in some kind of trance. In this moment our senses are turned on, they can react at the images and the influence of the picture is much more effective.


In my own opinion, make realistic paintings now – is a very courageous move! Every painter needs the recognition, and modern spectators prefer the simple performances. TV is more popular than an art; comics, glossies and computer games are more popular than serious books. Our contemporaries prefer mind agitation to the real feelings and senses. To develop your feelings means to train your Soul. And this is a hard and very long process. It couldn’t be done through the art of show and mass entertainment.


Vladimir’s canvas – is not an entertainment. It is a travel, even a Pilgrimage… The Soul’s Pilgrimage. This is the name of the Vladimir’s exhibition at “The Atrium”: "The Landscape – is a Soul’s Pilgrimage". His paintings are not for everybody who understands the art. They are oriented at the strange souls who don’t want to fall into a rut and they start they own pilgrimage. They are for people, who believe in the Miracle and who are ready to co-create the Miracle. I am sure, any picture by Vladimir Kolomiets could be a good handbook for this.


Комментариев нет: